Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Doc appt

Dr. Berry (my surgical oncologist, and kind of the coordinator through all of this) had not much to say today but WOW, I can't believe your tumor has gotten so small! :) It's down to about 1.3 cm (from 7!). He said I probably now have the option of doing a lumpectomy instead of mastectomy. I'll know in a couple of weeks about that, after a PET scan and a mammogram. I'll update more details about what the differences are between the two surgeries later, but basically lumpectomy is a much easier surgery and I may not have to have reconstruction surgery after it. :D

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That is absolutely amazing! What good news!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! Yay tumor for shrinking so much! I wish you the best of luck and really hope the smaller surgery is the one you can have.
Thinking of you.