Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Babies don't keep

They say "babies don't keep."  And that's true, they grow up and change and become people.   I mean, look how gorgeous my baby was 2 years ago!

We frequently wish the current years away by pining for the past ones. Awwww.... I miss that baby face, that toothless grin, those tiny toes.  Yes, that was awesome.  But you know what?  Watching him learn to walk and talk was amazing!  And the terrific twos?  Wow what fun we had!  And now he is 3.

"Time flies," people say.  I do not wish away this current moment.  I do not want to go back.  I want to see what is next, what he's learning now, what he comes home to tell me about..... because I just don't know how much I'll get to see.  And to be honest, neither do you.

Enjoy the homework fights in elementary school and the hot summer days of sports.  Embrace the tumultuous preteen years when they come, because there are many who don't get to see them.  Watch that sultry teenager with pride, knowing that you are getting to watch identity formation in action.  You can still look back fondly on the past, but don't wish away the present because you do not know what the future will hold.

Babies don't keep, but neither do toddlers, or threenagers, or school age, or preteens, or teenagers, or young adults.  Enjoy it all, while you can. 

Image may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, ocean, beach, sky, outdoor and nature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you
-Rocky

Just Jenn said...

I love you more. <3

Anne LeMar said...

Know what? I love you! Keith would say so , too, but I'm not crazy enough to wake him to confirm it. So: Keith loves you as much as I do!

Just Jenn said...

I love you too Momma LeMar. <3 And Daddy Keith as well lol

Maria Kana said...

Please Read.You have a great post here, Have anyone here know Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.For my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure. I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet begun to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr jekawo herbal doctor hands whom god has blessed with ancestral powers and a gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Hepatitis... So I made a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have been watching my health for 6 years now and I actually confirmed that his herbal medicines are a permanent cure and I'm so happy that I came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr Jekawo herbal doctor Email: drjekawo@gmail.com if you went through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because to be honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.