Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas and Sickness

Christmas week was my 'good' week luckily. We had tons of fun with our families. My third round of chemo was to be Monday the 29th. However, I was up all night throwing up and such. Apparently I caught a stomach virus (at least one little cousin-in-law has same symptoms) at Christmas. So I called Monday and had chemo rescheduled. Early Monday afternoon my fever got up to 101 and Cody was freaking out, so he called the nurse. They made me go into the clinic for evaluation and decided I needed fluids by IV. (Did I mention that the clinic is about 45 minutes to an hour away?) Got fluids, which took like 2 hours, and came home. Felt a little better Tuesday, and felt a little more better Wednesday. My chemo is rescheduled for Friday. I hate having my schedule messed up. I won't get my Neulasta shot till Monday. So now my good and bad days are unpredictable to me, lol. Doesn't change the fact that I can't go to the cotton bowl. :( Cody and his dad are going and have great seats. I won't even get to watch it on tv until I come home from chemo.

No comments: