Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Beginning of the End of My Dignity

Dr. Purohit, my gynecologist, is female. And as I had been going to her many times, especially through my bout with cervical cancer, I was used to having her touch my naughty bits. However, having a syringe shoved into my breast was new. As she felt my breast lump for the first time, she immediately asked the nurse for a syringe, and lied to me when I asked if it would hurt. Before I could even catch my breath, she jammed the needle into my breast (which only felt like a sting), then pulled back on the syringe (which felt like someone was ripping out the insides of my breast with a fish hook). All she got out was blood, so after she stopped the bleeding, she put a band-aid on and told me she probably just hit a blood vessel. She scheduled me for an ultrasound in her office for October 23.

No comments: