Monday, November 17, 2008

Floating Down Denial

On November 6, I had my breast biopsy. They give you a local anesthetic (so a small needle in the boob first). Then they take this large needle with a twisty thing on the end that makes a horrible clicking sound, and stick in in your (supposedly numbed) boob. Oh and did I mention that the biopsy needle is so big they actually have to make a small incision first? The first sample they took, I felt. OWWWW. Luckily, they really aren't masochistic, so they gave me more numbing medicine, so much that it came back out the incision. I didn't feel the rest of them, thankfully. After doing the biopsy, the doctor said she thinks it is probably cancer. Either that or maaaaybe an infection called Mastitis. More shopping therapy ensued after the biopsy. Then I came home and began my obsession with all medical terms related to breasts (okay this obsession started like a month or two before, but now it was serious). Mastitis causes flu-like symptoms, which I do not have. I still cannot imagine that it's cancer. I'm freakin' 28!!! No way.

No comments: